Friday, April 16, 2010

LOCKING DOWN THE FRAME

So, today, I spent the day pre-drilling holes for all my wood screws to tighten down the frame. No glue was applied at this stage.

In tightening everything down, a few areas I was worried about resolved themselves, but a few NEW problems crept in.

First off, there's a piece calle an Eighth Ring. It just isn't wide enough to span the two adjacent vertical uprights.

I went back into the plans and attempted to re-draw the piece, but couldn't get the measurements right. The new one is even SHORTER! I'm doing something wrong!

Here's a few more shots of the "too short" ring (rib). The first photo is looking down into the frame and the other is from the front side.


If I can just get these eighth and quarter rings cut correctly, I'll be ready to glue the frame together. It looks pretty good other than these small issues:


If I need to re-cut them all, I guess I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment