So, I couldn't sleep and ended up wandering into the garage last night around midnight. Test fitting a few of the roughed in slots I cut, I discovered they aren't deep enough. I then checked the depth I cut them to and they came up to a half inch as depicted in the plans. After a bit of thought, I determined it was because the plans were updated to reflect 1.25 inch Verticals and originally (according to the forums) they were designed for 1 inch verticals. So, looks like tonight and through the weekend I'll be working on making those cuts deeper, a little bit at a time. In addition, I plan on running by Lowe's on the way home from work today and seeing if they have the small piece of 1/4 inch MDF I need to cut that last frame piece.
I'd be tempted to just go ahead and use 1/2 inch ply to make the final piece, but, not being familiar with how the rest of the droid goes together, I'll stick with what the plans depict.
Hmmmm....I think I'll shoot Matthew an e-mail and ask him if his plans would allow me to substitute the 1/2 ply for the MDF. Not really saving any money in the big final picture (just a few dollars), but more about saving time and trips to the store vs. just using what I have on hand. I think the MDF is the piece that sits directly below the LDP (Large Data Port).
More to follow.....