Tuesday, September 18, 2012


So, I took a week "Staycation" from work. Needed to decompress from some of the daily stresses. It was a great opportunity to spend some catch-up time with R2. To start off with the simple stuff, I wanted to paint the Holoprojectors on the Dome to look like the ANH R2. So, a few coats of black paint and the job was done!
Front Holoprojector trimmed in flat black
Rear Holoprojector trimmed in flat black

The next challenge was getting the foot shells ready to be installed. I spent some time with them and decided to mount the middle shell first. I stood on the shells with my body weight and they held me just fine. In stalled the shell onto the middle leg and then braced up the outer legs for proper height. After about two minutes on his center foot, the shell started splitting and cracking!

I'm lookin' a bit ruff here cuz it was a LONG day. I'm covered in Resin Dust, Fiberglass Dust, Aluminum Dust and paint!

I'm no longer going to risk something I've spent all these years and money on to plastic feet and questionable pieces. R2's feet will now either be steel or thick aluminum (in the near future.) I'm working those details out. Soooooo....back to the drawing board on the feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment