FRONT SKINS BEFORE REMOVING ANY PANELS
Finally got back into the garage to do some more work on R2! Tonight, I decided to start studying the skins and punching out panels. After a little effort, I was able to finish up the front side skins. The back skins will be started tomorrow. Once I've detached all the panels I want, the next step will probably be painting the skins.
FRONT SKINS AFTER PUNCHING OUT THE PANELS
A PREVIEW OF THE RESIN PARTS IN THE SKINS
I also spent some more time tonight cleaning up some of the resin parts, sanding some rough spots, removing excess resin, trimming some areas, etc.
While working with the resin LDP, I noticed it wasn't going to fit properly into my frame, so I ended up hand routing out the top ring LDP port area some more using my dremel tool. Now it fits nice and easy.
That's about it for tonight!