Sunday, June 20, 2010
ALUMINUM SKINS WELDING TOGETHER
I forgot that I couldn't do any primer of the skins until they were JB Welded together...so, I got the rear skins clamped up and sitting to cure. Only have enough clamps for one side at a time, so I'll do the front skins tomorrow.
In the meantime, I did some more work on the blaster tonight. Hit it with the Hammered Metal finish (Black) and was REALLY disappointed in what it came out looking like.
It ended up giving it a silver tone in the sunlight. So, after that coat became tacky, I hit it with black satin and am much happier with the results. Still too shiny, but it's a start.
Now I need to start weathering the weapon. WISH ME LUCK!