Tuesday, June 8, 2010

R2 GETS A VOICE


Well, kinda. Today, my Think Geek (TG) T-Shirt arrived. I sat down, picked out 20 R2 Sounds and transferred them over to the SD Card for the T-Shirt. Works Great! Can't wait for the day I install the electronics into R2 himself! A quick tip for those who get these sound systems:

1) It's only going to hold 20 choices, keep that in mind.
2) When you rename your sounds to place onto the SD card, make sure you name them properly. They should be named 01.mp3 02.mp3 03.mp3 .....etc. Don't forget to add that zero in front of the single digit numbers. Do not add the zero in front of 10 through 20.
3) The SD card that comes with the TG shirt held 17 sounds and 3 complete songs. I don't really see any reason to get another card.
4) Copy your original TG sounds over to a folder on your computer (should you wish to).

The TG system is truly a budget system, but for $30.00, it's hard to beat!

Yesterday, I purchased the self etching primer for the aluminum skins and dome. I hope to get some painting done this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment