Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SGT FANG BOBA FETT UPDATE

Did a little more work on my Sgt Fang Boba Fett Helmet this week. Knowing how brittle the particular resin is that this helmet was cast in, I decided to back it on the inside with fiberglass resin and cloth. Here's some quick shots:



"Cut, Trimmed and Sanded"



"Slots cut out in back"



"Inside Fiberglassed"



Next up, I'll be doing some more exterior sanding, bondo and putty work. Turns out, while the fiberglass was setting up, it got pretty hot and actually caused a small fracture in the very top of the head. A touch of bondo, some sanding and it won't even be noticeable. But it is interesting how hot it got and just how brittle this resin is. This isn't the same kind of resin that my Clone Helmets are cast using. I've heard talk that this resin in the Fang Helmet is cheap. Anyways, that's it for now. Still working on multiple projects in my garage all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment