Monday, February 21, 2011

IRONMAN HELMET

Okay, so I know it's not my usual Star Wars stuff, but it's still REALLY cool and I had to put up some preliminary photos.

Last night, I was working on my Ironman Helmet and decided to tackle cutting out the eyes in the fiberglass. Well, it turned out great! (I didn't think to snap a photo though...DUH!)

So, tonight, after doing some more sanding on the primer coat of Boba Fett and my Clone Pilot, I took a close look at Ironman and decided I could try painting the Face Plate and Chin area of the Stark Armor. I used some Metalic Gold I found at Kragen Auto, which I'll reference here tomorrow and shoot a photo of the can.

I'm VERY pleased with the results. This stuff goes on real thick though, so I had to stand back a bit and do three light coats.

First off, here again is the photo of the helmet BEFORE I cut they eyes out.



Now, a shot of the Face Plate after three light coats of the Gold Metalic from Kragen.





And lastly, the chin area of the main mask.



So, there ya have it! Ironman in the works! More to follow.

I'll keep updating this project along with all the others...to include more R2 coming soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment