Tuesday, July 20, 2010

STEP #1 OF THE LEG BUILD


Like many builders, I'm trying to do as much as I can on my own. Purchasing the leg kit for $350.00 sounds exciting because they are CNC cut wood, however, I'm going to tackle them on my own.

Tonight, I downloaded the Leg & Ankle PDF from the Yahoo Group Files and took them over to Kinkos. They printed them out at 100% and I checked the scale in the corner with a ruler...perfect!

In these photos, I placed a Quarter onto the large sheet to give you some idea of the scale.


I then took the large print home and traced it with 8.5x11 sheets of paper, taping them together. This allowed me to keep the Kinkos print in tact for future reference. I'll use the taped ones to make a template and then use the template to cut the wood.

Here's the paper templates I made.(Mechanical Pencil shown for size reference)


Because the PDF dimensions were so large, Kinkos split it into two sheets for me. Total cost, $18.00 for the two large prints.

Next up, a sheet of MDF which will be used to cut the hard templates.

No comments:

Post a Comment