Friday, July 30, 2010

LEGS TAKING SHAPE


After spending the time to cleanup my MDF leg template, I tackled my first set of leg layers. I'm REALLY pleased with how they came out!

I followed in the footsteps of Victor Franco and a few others before me, creating a good 1/4" MDF template. Once completed, I set up my flush trim router bit. I then used wood screws to attach the template to the surface of my wood blanks. I rough cut the shape with my jigsaw (to about 1/8" around the template) and then used the table router to trim the final edge.



Looking pretty good. I still need to go back and look at the plans and figure out what final cuts I need to make off these pieces, in addition to a few smaller 1/2" pieces and 1/4" pieces to finish off the bottom of the legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment