Saturday, March 26, 2011

EPISODE II CLONE PILOT BUILD



With all of the rain and cold here in town, it's been really tough to get anything done, hobby-wise, during my off-duty time. Kinda Sucks!

Well, I've been kicking on the portable heater in the garage and spray painting helmets in between rain showers, using the heater to cure the paint. This Clone Pilot has been the first helmet I've painted in such cool/damp temperatures...AND it will be my last in such conditions. I made it work, but it was a LOT of work pulling it off.

Anyway, here's some photos of the progress so far. I still need to paint the frown and the yellow top portion of the helmet, along with puting the Republic "Cogs" on the sides.

I'm pretty happy with the results so far. Tonight, I was able to sit in the kitchen, quietly, and use a brush to hand paint all the black areas of the bucket. I'm pleased!








After painting the yellow top and the cogs onto the Clone Pilot, I'll be installing the Visor and the Screen behind the teeth, paining the inside with a black rubberized coating and instlling the padding. Hopefully, by then, the weather will start warming up and I'll be able to get to this....




...and begin painting the battle damaged Empire Strikes Back (ESB) Boba Fett Helmet!

No comments:

Post a Comment