Monday, May 10, 2010

PREP OF RESIN PARTS

So, while I'm in between finances for the legs, I decided to start preparing all the Resin Parts I already have for painting. In reviewing Keith's instructions, they all need to be thoroughly cleaned, prior to painting, due to the Mold Release used on them. This consists of cotton balls, Rubbing Alcohol, Paper towels, Dish Soap and some good ol' fashioned elbow grease. Saturday night,the 8th of May, I spent about two and a half hours cleaning all the body detail parts up. I'm now confident they are ready for paint.

Still waiting on my Resin Dome Details, which will have to be prepared in the same manner before painting.

To prep the Resin, you wipe the part down with rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball, scrub it with a toothbrush in warm soapy water, then dry it off. Ensuring you are using a clean cotton ball for each part and a clean paper towel for each part. Tedious, but necessary from what I'm reading and understanding. Without this prep, you're risking the paint not drying at all, or paint defects of one variety or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment