Friday, March 26, 2010

Haven't Lost Sight!

I'm still here! Just haven't had a lot of time to update the blog and I feel bad about it.
On March 20th, 2010, myself, Matt McCormick, Chris James, Steve Simmons, Gerard Fajardo, Ryan Goff, Grant McKinney, Marc Verdiell and Mark Chu Lin all got together (with a host of kids) at Matt McCormick's house in Davis, CA. We all got to watch and examine the 5 different R2's that were there, talk droids, compare notes, laugh, take pictures and eat food!

THANKS MATT!!! It was a LOT of fun!

So, since I haven't really taken any steps to move on my dome or skins, I think this was the motivation I needed to kick things into gear. I've ordered all of my dome parts, in resin, and they should be here soon. I hope to upgrade a few items to Aluminum sooner or later (like the holo projectors).

Then, it's on to the frame, which I'm hoping to pick up the wood for this weekend...gotta go to Lowes and Home Depot to look around.

Here's a few photos I took throughout the day:


Left to right: Gerard, Steve, Ryan, Chris, Marc, Grant and Matt



A shot of Steve's R2 ("Twitch")



A peak inside Gerard's R2



Matt's R2


We closed out the day with an R2 Race which was won by Gerard's R2...BY A LONG SHOT! Congratulations Gerard!


I'll try to post the video up pretty soon, but it's an HD video and I need to compress it down so it will be manageable on the blog.


Thanks for hanging in there with me! Keep watching my blog, you'll be seeing more updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment