Tuesday, November 20, 2012

THE HUMAN EYE FOR TERMINATOR

In my early 20's, I used to hand paint human eyes to exercise my make-up FX skills. Well, instead of spending upwards of $80.00 on glass eyes for my Terminator head, I sat down last night and painted this one. Not perfect, but it's gettin there. These are the photos of the makeshift pop can holder I made so I could spray it with the multiple layers of clear acrylic. Essentially, you hold the can upside down and spray the eye. This keeps the layers of acrylic thicker at the iris and pupil and gives it that wet, thick look adding depth. A few more coats and I think I'll be happy with it. I'll probably do one more and try to photo match Arnold's eye more closely. Yeah, I know ping pong balls are the wrong size, but you really can't tell once it's in the head itself. The old method I used to do would be to paint a layer and put a thick layer of acrylic on. Then, paint another layer and put another thick layer of acrylic on...repeating the process until the iris looked the way I wanted it to. Didn't do it on this one, but I probably will on the next one.













No comments:

Post a Comment